1. Area 3 is seeking nominations for Area Chair. Each USEA Area has an Area Chairperson who serves for a 3‐year period.
The chair-elect will serve as the Assistant Area Chair until December 2020 and Area Chair for the period December 2020 – 2023 (with approval of USEA Board of Governors). This is a volunteer position.
Previous experience as an Eventing official, organizer, USEA committee, or Area 3 Council member is preferred.
The Area Chair represents the Area during USEA meetings, convention and conference calls; disseminates and facilitates communication between Area Organizers, Area Council members and the USEA; oversees and approves Area financials; appoints individuals to serve on the Area Council; schedules/chairs Area Council meetings, the annual Area Meeting, Awards presentations, and the annual Area Organizers meeting.
2. To nominate a candidate, first secure the permission from the person to be nominated. Submit nominations to Cindy Phillips, email@example.com, and include the information below.
2) Address, Cell and Home Phone numbers
3) Brief description of occupation/expertise (knowledge, skills, and abilities)
4) Brief description of equestrian history
3. Nominations will be accepted until July 10, 2019. The Area council will vote July 16, 2019.