The Hagyard Midsouth Team Challenge Horse Trials is held every October at the Kentucky Horse Park and is an annual destination for the Area III Young Riders. This year, we want to send as many teams as possible, and we hope to help offset costs as well!
The Hagyard team challenge is a great opportunity to promote camaraderie among Area III youth and to give junior/young riders the opportunity to represent Area III in a team atmosphere. The team challenge can be used as a stepping stone for future NAYC competitors and also as a competitive goal for individuals whose goals do not include competing at the upper levels of the sport.
Here are some important notes to know:
- The date of the event is October 17-21, 2018.
- Entries open on September 4, 2018. This event usually fills on opening day. Your entry is not accepted until everything is paid in full, including stabling.
- Riders compete both as individuals in Open Divisions as well as being on a four-member team.
- Team members must all be riding at the same level (BN, N, T, P).
Interested riders will be required to submit an Letter of Intent and meet the requirements below to represent Area III.
- Letter of Intent submitted by July 20th, 2018
- Teams will be announced August 1st, 2018
- A minimum of 2 competitions at the level (or above) within the 2018 calendar year
- USEA member, USEA Area III Young Rider member. Horse USEA registered
- Performance history; Pairs with the most successful and consistent competition results
- Minimum of 3 Area III Young Rider approved volunteer hours
As our Young Rider Coordinator, Allina Bell, will be very busy until the end of NAYC. Therefore, until August 1, please direct any team challenge questions to Area III Chair Cyndi Kurth (email@example.com).